10. Please wish me with a hug and maybe a kiss before you text your wishes on my birthday. My room is right next to your room you know and under the same roof.
9. Ditto for Mother's day, wedding anniversary and whenever your love and affection overflows or when you want to say sorry.
8. Try this.Make a tight ball out of your laundry and aim at the basket.I believe it works 99.99% of times.
7. We talk to you about being frugal all the time, but you don't have to wear the same sock for many days or different ones for each foot if you lose one.We can wash or even buy new ones and of course I am there always to come and search for the pairs that are right under your nose. You just have to yell for me!
6. I will remember to move away after a basic introduction to your friends and not crack jokes that embarrass you.
5. I am with you when you say adolescence has had bad press. Menopause too met with the same tragedy .
4. It is not easy trying to control my over-eating while I cater to yours.
3. I will not force you to wash your jeans. It is a promise. I will let you enjoy till it lasts.Just make sure you don't cut your skin while trying to you-know-what.
2. I will try not to discuss music with you -that strangely brings a war zone atmosphere in our home.
1. About reading habits. Mum is the word here too.
Please be patient with me. This thing called adolescence is new to me too.I don't think it existed when we were growing up, or maybe we had a different name for it.
And together we will strive to get over our comfort eating!