Monday, February 18, 2008

1068....

The help line for child labour ,child abuse ...

Writing this with a very heavy heart ...had been to an Ayush Homam function recently and was indeed touched by the mothers thoughtfulness when she explaind why she chose to wore a red saree and not a blue one ...she explained the blue one would have matched with the kid that had her Ayush homam that day and that would have upset her older sibling who is 8 years old who  would have been singled out ...

This relative of mine is known for her ways with children and how she understands their pschology etc ...The way people talk about it sometimes gives me a complex abt my abilities with children ...
Having said this she introduced her new "help around " a skinny looking girl barely 10 years or just two years older than her own older child ...so much for her understanding of child pschology ...
Not being able to control myself -I asked very discreetly ( All the time avoiding my husbands sharp looks at me to stop !) "have you checked her age , becos at Mantri elite they actually had a raid on some houses to check child labour " .. Obviously the answer was elusive and justifying the act that if not for this occupation she would go without meals ...and so on

Such double standards ...that way we all can justify just abt anything ..murder ,  illegal prostitution , child sexual abuse ..just about anything ......

I remembered these captions on discovery channel about elephant and Elephant Tusks .THE KILLING WILL STOP IF THE BUYING STOPS ...

I have seen the same thing happen in many places ....and now I have made up mind to dial 1068 whenever I see such things happen even at the cost of losing some friends ....or knock at the doors even if I know the reception is not going to be good .

Yes , It is my business .The Indian government has given every citizen to question domestic violence and Child abuse .

No comments: